Here’s something that is really quite true about women and I couldn’t stop laughing when I read it. My cousin emailed it to me and I’m posting it up especially for all my friends who are guys, you have been warned 😉
(1) Fine: This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
(2) Five Minutes: If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
(3) Nothing: This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
(4) Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don’t Do It!
(5) Loud Sigh: This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
(6) That’s Okay: This is one of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake.
(7) Thanks: A woman is thanking you, do not question, or Faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here – This is true, unless she says ‘Thanks a lot’ – that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say ‘you’re welcome’ … that will bring on a ‘whatever’).
(8) Whatever: Is a women’s way of saying FUCK YOU!
(9) Don’t worry about it, I got it: Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing it herself. This will later result in a man asking ‘What’s wrong?’ For the woman’s response refer to # 3.
This is a pretty accurate general list. While I don’t use all of them, if you ask my husband, #1 is the one I use the most often 🙂 Guilty as charged … and yes, when I use it I usually want him to just not say a word anymore. I’ve done a couple of others as well but I am trying my very darnest to work on myself and just say things as it is. Each time I want say ‘fine’, I’m trying to take a deep breathe and tell my husband as calmly as I can, “I’m open to the possibility that you are right. For now though, I reckon I am right and all I need right now is you to agree with me and not say anything else.” I’m t.r.y.i.n.g.
In my little world, I’m thinking if only … if only men realise women are the superior gender and bow at our feet and smoother them with kisses when we walk in, the world will have a lot less problems 😉